While the potential benefits of electrically assisted pedal cycles in medical practice and sports rehabilitation are evident and already being applied, there is little structured clinical research available to support and evidence greater levels of investment in the application of EAPC’s in medical and sports rehabilitation practice.
Research areas and programmes in which the Electric Bike Research Executive are currently active in establishing include:
- EAPC training and progressive exercise programmes taken in combination with other cognitive and medication interventions for anxiety and depression
- Complementary measures in the field of rheumatology
- Rehabilitation from Stroke and Orphopaedic Surgery
- Advising on product benefits within General Practice
- Enriching the lives of those suffering from ME
- Sustaining higher levels of active mobility amongst the ageing and obese population